Statement of compliance with Maritime Labour Convention 2006
PJ Diesel Engineering A/S registered in Denmark and operating internationally, fully complies with the regulation set by MLC 2006 and relevant Danish national regulations.
The Company is certified and compliant according to national regulations.
The following points are emphasized in our operations although company compliance with MLC 2006 is not limited to these points only:
- The Company does not recruit engineers, who are younger than 18 years.
- The costs of passport, health certificate, national Danish discharge book isto be covered by the employee.
- The Company may however consider reimbursement of these costs at own discretion.
- The Company makes sure that ship owners have the means to protect engineers from being stranded in
a foreign port.
- Our Client’s (Employers/ Owners) undertake to insure fully with P&I Club all personnel on board from the
time of their departure from the port of recruitment till their repatriation to their home port.
Furthermore, to effect coverage for industrial injury and death as per the terms of the employment
- The Company does not create lists or mechanisms intended to prevent or deter engineers from gaining
employment for which they are qualified.
- A corporate complaint procedure form (including required contact details) is always handed over to
engineer upon employment (Company employee handbook).
- The Company makes sure that engineer will have a chance to read and get familiar with all condition of
engineer employment agreement before engineer’s employment agreement will be signed.
- The Company has a complaint procedure in place for handling of engineer’s complaints. Engineer
complaint form shall be made available on company intranet, and shall form part of company MLC 2006
- Employment on board of vessels flying the flag of the state, which did not ratify the MLC 2006 shall be
notified to seafarer and possible problems clearly identified.
- The Company reserves its right to report to appropriate authorities in Denmark cases of significant
incompetence, criminal acts, and serious breaches of discipline during the engineer’s employment period.
Reporting can be done after thorough case analyses only, and will be informed to ship owners initially.